The AQ7280 is the most flexible OTDR in our lineup due to a modular platform to create a variety of systems from a basic unit to units with filtered ports to test live traffic networks in applications from long haul, to metro, core and FTTH.
35+ years of OTDR expertise has enabled us to offer a unique multi-tasking feature that allows four distinct fibers to be tested simultaneously. Its intuitive icon-based touchscreen lets users perform measurements with ease, and the 15-hour battery life ensures uninterrupted usage in the field where the data can be conveniently transferred wirelessly.
The AQ7280 satisfies a broad range of test and measurement needs in analyzing optical networks from access to core.
The AQ7280 OTDR delivers:
- Reliability: Robust design for operating under harsh field conditions. Proven operating system assuring stability, prompt response, and superior protection against software virus attacks.
- Ease-Of-Use: Dual operation mode by multi-touch touchscreen and hard-key buttons. Fully automatic measurement and easy-to-read analysis reports through new software applications.
- Speed: Lightning startup time. Multi-tasking operation to enhance productivity. Immediate reporting via wireless connectivity.
Managed by a highly efficient operating system, multiple functions can work simultaneously.
Now, users can perform OTDR measurements on a particular fiber core while simultaneously checking the power level and connector surface quality on others.
Touch screen and hard-key buttons!
Tap, swipe, pinch, or press. Choose between the high resolution 8.4" multi-touch capacitive touchscreen or the robust hard-key buttons in any combination desired.
OTDR operations have never been easier!
Lightning Startup Time
Under 10 seconds!
Thanks to the latest high speed hardware and a highly efficient operating system, the AQ7280 starts up from completely OFF to measurement-ready in seconds.
It's always ready when you are!
- AQ7280 Series Optical Time Domain Reflectometer (6.7 MB)
- AQ7280 OTDR Advanced Features (1.6 MB)
- AQ7280 OTDR New OTDR Units (895 KB)
- AQ7280 OTDR User's Manual (4.9 MB)
- AQ7280 OTDR Getting Started Guide (4.7 MB)
- AQ7280 OTDR Communication Interface User's Manual (1.5 MB)
- Precautions Concerning the AQ7280 Series Units and Modules (955 KB)
- Model 735050 Additional Option License for the AQ7280 (221 KB)
- AQ7932 OTDR Emulation Software
- AQ7933 OTDR Emulation Software
- OTDR Data Transporter for Android/ for iOS
- OTDR Report Generator
- Yokogawa OTDR Remote Controller
- YKMUSB USB Driver
Additional Option License for AQ7280
|This is a license product for adding applicable optional features on to AQ7280 series on your own.|
It is necessary to update main unit firmware in advance to R1.07 or later and above in order to apply this license.
|-FST||Fiber Surface Test Function|
Optical Power Meter & Checker
|Measures and displays optical power of a light source as an absolute/relative value for testing transmitter/network performance. Measurement results can be saved for reference purposes.|
Invaluable test instrument during installation and maintenance.
Calibrated and selectable wavelength setting. Single-mode and Multi-mode measurement ready. Continuous wave and modulated wave detection capability.
Two selections of optical power sensors are available- optical power meter and optical power checker, different on the specs and functions.
Optical Light Source
|Outputs a stable, continuous wave of light for measuring end-to-end attenuation accurately when paired with Optical Power Sensor.|
Modulated light function at 270 Hz/1 kHz/2 kHz is also available for fiber identification or continuity check purpose on a live fiber network.
Visible Light Source
|Visible, continuous/modulated red light laser. Invaluable test instrument for checking the continuity of pathcords, launch fibers, or short fiber trunks. Breaks and bendings in fiber can be identified visually as the visible light exits the fiber on such fault events.|
for OPM module
for OPM module
for OPM module
for OTDR unit
for OTDR unit
for OTDR unit
* For the countries that require CE marking.
* For outside the countries that require CE marking.
|Reduced energy, emission of CO2, NOX and SOX about 18% to 33% compared to the previous model.|
Results of Life Cycle Assessment
*1 Port2, Built-in filter
*2 Using an external filter
1-port OTDR 1310/1383/1550/1625 nm
- Supports the water-peak wavelength of 1383 nm where water ions (OH) in optical fibers absorb light.
- Suitable for the inspection of optical fiber production and the cabling process of optical fibers.
- Its portability allows the on-site testing of communications network lines when CWDM networks are introduced.
|The loss-wavelength characteristics of single-mode fibers|
|The effect of OTDR measurement at 1383 nm|
|Quality inspection of low-OH optical fibers/cables|
Low-OH single mode fibers*¹ are available for CWDM applications. They are tested at 1383 nm in each process of production.
Having four wavelengths in one port, the AQ7283J can measure at four wavelengths without switching the optical connector by just pressing one single button. It can be controlled remotely via a USB or Ethernet interface.*²
*¹: ITU-T G.657 standard
*²: AQ7280 option (/LAN)
|Loss test of existing networks before introducing CWDM transmission system|
When the introduction of the CWDM transmission system to existing optical fiber networks is considered, the optical loss of the network at 1383 nm needs to be measured because a traditional optical fiber may be used.
Thanks to its portable design, the AQ7283J OTDR unit can measure the loss at 1383 nm on-site where optical fibers are installed.
2-port OTDR 1310/1550 and 1625 nm
- A built-in 1625 nm port with a cut filter to isolate from the communications wavelength enables the measurement of live-lines without being disturbed by active communications signals.
- The wavelength accuracy of 1625 nm ±10 nm is guaranteed to enable maintenance of 10 GE-PON. Whereas other OTDRs with a broader wavelength tolerance could disturb the 10GE-PON transmission signals.
Note: The AQ7283F is another three-wavelength model with 1310/1550 and filtered 1650 nm.
|Measurement of live communications lines|
The built in communications wavelength cut filter in a dedicated 1625 nm port enables testing of fiber where live communications traffic wavelengths (1310, 1490, 1550 nm) exist.
|OTDR waveforms of live communications lines|
|Macro bending measurement|
The optical transmission loss of optical fibers at long wavelengths like 1625 nm increases at the point where the macro-bending occurs. By comparing OTDR waveforms measured in each wavelength, the macro bending can be detected.
*Other OTDR units with 1625 nm: AQ7283H, AQ7283K, etc.
|OTDR waveforms with macro bending|
1-port OTDR 1310/1490/1550 nm
- Successor model of the AQ7275 OTDR (735035)
- Suitable for the installation check of FTTH networks that requires the measurement at 1490 nm.
- More affordable price than the AQ7283K that is a four-wavelength model with 1310/1490/1550/1625 nm.